Saturday, June 10, 2023

Cards from The Collector

The Collector sent me a very nice PWE in response for my comments on his recent All-Time Teams series. Hope to see him blogging again soon.

Three Yankees. Wade Boggs was part of the 1996 WS champs. Chacon had a nice run from out of nowhere in '05. Torres hasn't been the star the Yankees hoped he'd be but he's still a decent player. Has a home run tonight.

Three more fun cards. Roberto Kelly was the best player on some bad Yankee teams, then got flipped to the Reds for Paul O'Neill in one of the Yankees' best all-time trades. He played six years for just the Yankees, then played for eight teams in seven years (including the Yankees again). The Rockies would have been team #9 but he never ended up playing with them, making this a "zero year" card.

 


2 comments:

  1. I think I saw the Kelly and Alomar on your wantlist. Boggs, Matthews, and Chacon were pulled from "grab bag" packs; the rest were from my own PC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Roberto Kelly with the Yankees when I was just starting to collect, but never knew that he bounced around so much after he left them.

    ReplyDelete