Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The parking lot card! The parking lot card!

Al the street vendor had a rare Mets request - some Mookie Wilsons.

I started going through his box to pull out some cards in return, starting with a couple of decent Chrome selections.
 Then I saw a card that has probably been on every blog at one time or another. Even though I don't technically collect early-70s cards I knew I had to have it. Even Al knew it - "Everyone loves that parking lot card. The parking lot card! The parking lot card! Hey, take the Ellis too." Another awesome photo from that set, probably one of the first argue-with-the-ump cards.

3 comments:

  1. a great year for Topps. I need the Ellis card now. Thanks for showing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had an Al the street vendor in my life. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. You just introduced me to the parking lot card.

    ReplyDelete