Sunday, August 27, 2017

If Marty McFly was Canadian . . .

These are the cards he would have been collecting before getting in the DeLorean. Johnny's Trading Spot had a bunch of 1985 O-Pee-Chee he was looking to trade, so I knocked off a bunch of his needs and got about 150 of these OPCs in return.

The first thing people think about with O-Pee-Chee is the transaction text on the front, like "Announced his Retirement".
 Here's another good one. "Now Vice President, Player Development and Scouting". I've always wondered who that guy is in the background. Looks a bit like Bob Uecker.
 The cards don't need the extra type to be great, though. This is a great photo, that was just featured on Night Owl's 1985 Topps blog.
 RIP Don Baylor, a great Yankee.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the extras found a new home, and I still have tons left if anyone else needs to boost their set building desires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to see these out there.. While not building the set, Always looking for Jays and Expos lol

      Delete
  2. I love the 1985 design. I just did a McFly reference on my blog last week. That's funny!!!

    ReplyDelete