Wednesday, November 17, 2010

R.J. Swindle on baseball cards

R.J. Swindle, who pitched in the major leagues for Philadelphia in 2008 and Milwaukee in 2009, pitched at AAA Durham of the Rays organization in 2010, going 2-4 with a 2.45 ERA, and striking out 55 batters in 55 innings. Yesterday he kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"I grew up collecting cards with my dad and it kind of stuck. I still like to collect from now and then. Actually i just moved back to Charleston and have a nice card shop called "Hooked on Cards" here that I visited just the other day to catch up with the owner. I am going to their monthly "pack wars" tomorrow night.

Being a collector, I always wanted to have a real card of myself in Topps or Bowman, but I never could quite make the cut till this past year. I finally got in the Topps Pro Debut series because I was a Triple A All Star and they had an insert set with me in it. I was very proud of that and finally felt like I had "made it".
I would have to say that Topps card is my favorite because it is the most special to me."



Thanks! If anyone who reads this blog lives in Charleston, you may want to check out "pack wars" tonight!

1 comment:

  1. That's great - I remember R.J. from his time with the Newark Bears, and I'm glad he finally (sort of) got a Topps baseball card.

    ReplyDelete