Friday, November 5, 2010

Lee Daniels on baseball cards

Lee Daniels pitched for six seasons in the Toronto and Atlanta organizations. Now the ISSP Coordinator and Head Assistant Baseball Coach at Coffee High School in Georgia, he kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"When I played I had many many cards that I was sure had a lot of value and some that turned out to be valuable. However I always gave them away to teammates as it really didn't interest me at the time. My favorite card of myself is my 1996 Bowman's Best because it was my deceased mother's favorite. I don't collect cards but thankfully I still have some of my former teammates which I look at from time to time! Playing against guys such as Jeter in the minor leagues, I am sure to have given away some great cards as we always got them of nearly everyone!"

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment