Monday, January 10, 2022

What is it with '63s?

For whatever reason, I never see lots of 1963 Topps go cheaply. Apparently the first three series are much easier to find than the last four series, but even from the first three series I don't have many cards. I only have 86 cards from this set, by far the fewest of any post-1957 set. Even for this little eight-card lot of first-series cards I had to go a little over my quarter-a-card limit.

Seven cards to keep; one (Bob Veale) I had already, to trade. This might actually be the most '63's I've gotten at one time. The borders are colorful; I wish the photos were better.


3 comments:

  1. I love the 63 set!! I've been slowly (and by slowly I mean not at all for the last couple years) putting the set together. I don't know if I'll ever actually complete the set, with the Rose rookie being a little out of my price range for the most part, and the Mantle will also be a tough get. But I love the dual front player images. 65 is a close second though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a solid design. Reminds me of the 1983 design which is one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's still fairly popular amongst set collectors, though, from what I've seen over the years, most folks seem to get to within one card of finishing it, and then are never willing to pony up to get THAT last card (you know the one).

    ReplyDelete