Sunday, January 30, 2022

From the eBay quarter box

This was a nice little auction that surprisingly nobody else bid on. Four cards for a dollar. Nice conditioned cards too.

Win Savers is from the 1960 set and I had it already. Nice bit of trade bait with some unsung heroes of the '59 White Sox pennant winners. The three red-background '58s were set needs though. The red cards look good together. But those Giants caps! The Giants had just moved to SF and Topps didn't know what their hats would look like.



7 comments:

  1. I love the Hoeft card. I've had it since I was a teenager and even though I almost always trade '58 cards I've never traded that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those caps were clearly based on the caps of the San Francisco Seals of the PCL. Not an exact replica, but pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance, the airbrushed San Francisco logo almost looks like a dollar sign. Nice pickups for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really late, but if no one has claimed the Staley yet, I'd like to do so. Also, that Billy Hoeft might just be my favorite '58 Topps, it also just so happens to be the first card that I ever owned from that set.

    ReplyDelete