Sunday, January 12, 2020

Shawn Bowman on baseball cards

Third baseman Shawn Bowman played ten seasons in the minor leagues for the Mets, Blue Jays, Braves and Marlins organizations. In 732 games he hit .255 with 94 HR and 360 RBI. Now the manager of the Pirates' Dominican League team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? My favorite card of myself was a 2009 card from the Binghamton Mets. It wasn’t anything special, just a shot of me finishing a swing in a game. It was my favorite because it was my first card after battling back injuries for 3 years and it signified my perseverance through the rehabilitation process.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
No I do not. I did as a kid and still have some cards in storage, but not actively now.


Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment