Thursday, December 5, 2019

Matt Fox on baseball cards

Matt Fox pitched nine seasons of professional baseball, including stints in the major leagues with the Twins and Red Sox in 2010. In 201 minor league games he went 53-40 with a 3.90 ERA. Now Territory Manager for OMG Roofing Products in Orlando, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?  
When I first got drafted in 2004, my father used to go on eBay every day and buy all of my cards. He must have won every bid.  Proud father I suppose haha.  When he moved 2 years ago, he gave me a box full of them and they are in my attic.  As far as other players, Pat Neshek was someone who took card signing and collecting very seriously.  It was fun to see how much he enjoyed it and hear about his collection.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?  I have a collection of Scott Atchison cards, I played with Atch with the Red Sox and in Pawtucket.  Was one of, if not the best teammate I ever had and he was my favorite player to collect because of it.

- Do you collect baseball cards?  Not any more though I do have a large collection from when I was younger in the attic.

Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. It's pretty awesome that Fox's dad collected his son's baseball cards. I enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete