Sunday, December 29, 2019

1981 Topps Jerry Dybzinski

The front: Simple spring training photo.

The back: An interesting hobby for Dybzinski. I would think that even by 1980 that radios were generally cheap enough to not be worth repairing when they broke.

The player: Jerry Dybzinski was a backup third baseman for the Indians and White Sox from 1980 to 1984, as well as five games for the Pirates in 1985. In 468 games he hit .234 with 3 HR, 93 RBI and 32 SB.

The man: After his playing career Dybzinski became a financial planner and then worked as a business intelligence analyst for various technology companies. He told Cleveland.com in 2013 that "I've always been a person who enjoyed having to figure things out, so I like what I do,” which certainly explains the radio/TV tinkering hobby.

My collection: I have 15 of his cards, from 1981 to 1985. I would be interested in trading for 1986 ProCards Calgary Cannons #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment