Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brian Barton on baseball cards

Outfielder Brian Barton has played professionally since 2005, reaching the major leagues with both the Cardinals and the Braves. This year he played for the Southern Maryland Blue Claws, hitting .311 with 7 HR, 58 RBI, and 23 SB. He founded the (XY)∞ Foundation (boys and girls times infinity) to expose inner city youth to travel, business ownership, public speaking and community action. He has recently written a motivational book called Mindset, and also has a blog where he discusses various political and intellectual topics. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
Well, a funny story is that when I was with the Cardinals there was a guy named Brian Barden on my team, so when I got my first rookie card I was like "Hey, this is not my signature." Turns out they switched my signature with Brian Barden's signature so all of my rookie cards that have replica signatures printed are not my signatures.
 
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
I definitely think my card with the Braves was my favorite, because even though I was there for one day it was a reminder of my return to the big leagues.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
I used to collect cards when I was younger so I have a collection of a few thousand baseball cards. 

Thanks! I don't have those cards, but here is one I do have from 2008 Stadium Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment