Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Randy Brown on baseball cards

Randy Brown played 11 years of professional baseball in the Red Sox, Yankees, Pirates and Mariners organizations. For the last eight years he has been an instructor at Baseball USA in Houston. He kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"One of my favorite cards is a 1996 or 97 card while playing for the Trenton Thunder. My dad and I were card collectors but when he passed away I stopped. We have every Topps set in the 50's and every card made from 1970 to 1994. I got alot of them. I have about 85 % of the 52 set. Missing the Mantle and a few other big names. Those sets are in mint condition. 72-94 still in sealed boxes. 71-72 in binders. All in perfect condition. May be looking to dump some of them."

Thanks! I couldn't find the Trenton Thunder card, but here is one with the Winter Haven Red Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment