Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dan Giese on baseball cards

Dan Giese was a thirty-one year old rookie with the 2008 Yankees, going 1-3 with a 3.53 ERA in 20 games. Currently in the Oakland organization, he pitched in eight games at AAA Sacramento, pitching to a 1.74 ERA in eight games as he began his comeback from Tommy John surgery. He kindly shared with me his stories about baseball cards.

"My favorite story about a card of myself was after my first season with the Lowell Spinners I was joking around on a personal information sheet and jokingly wrote that I was a gold medal winner for the state of CA in Kempo Karate (I don't even know if there is a such thing as Kempo Karate). Anyway, they added it to the back of my baseball card.

My favorite card of myself is the 2008 Topps Chrome rookie. I just like the live shot of pitching in the old Yankee stadium.


My favorite card of another player has to be the 1989 Upper deck Ken Griffey Jr. If you had that card when I was a kid, you were the stud of the neighborhood.

I still to this day collect baseball cards. Mainly off of ebay. I just bought a Rickey Henderson Rookie (1980 Topps). I like to collect rookie cards up until about the late 1990's. After the 1990's they printed so many and they are way too expensive."

Thanks! I don't have the chrome version but I do have the standard version:

No comments:

Post a Comment