Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Interview with Chance Reynolds

Chance Reynolds played in the Giants, Pirates and Brewers organizations between 1993 and 1996. He now owns his own company, selling his invention, the Pitchers Nightmare swing trainer, endorsed by Terry Pendleton and Chris Dickerson. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
I definitely used to collect cards when I was a kid. Every time I came near a Revco (the local drug store in Cordele, GA back in the day), I had to have a pack of cards. Still have most of them but I have now passed them on to my oldest son (he's six). My favorites back then were Don Mattingly, Pete Rose, Reggie Jackson, and of course, all of the Braves.


- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
I do. My rookie card with the Everett Giants is an action shot with my cap turned around backwards. I had just shaved my head (for some unknown reason) and I loved catching with just a cap on, no skull cap. That pic was taken just before a game in which the ump made me start wearing a skull cap and giving up my beloved cap behind the cap (ala, Rick Dempsey).


- Do you collect baseball cards?
I don't anymore, but my son does. And I still get the same thrill I used to when he opens a new pack and we share the treasures, teams, and stories each pack contains.


Thanks! I couldn't find a picture of any of his cards (1993 Classic/Best Everett Giants 21; 1993 Fleer/ProCards 3772; 1996 Carolina Mudcats Best 15), but here is a recent picture of him at the Metrodome.

No comments:

Post a Comment