Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dallas Williams on baseball cards

Dallas Williams played twelve years of professional baseball, including time in the major leagues with the 1981 Orioles and 1983 Reds. Since his retirement, he has had a long coaching career, including time as the first base coach for both the Rockies and the Red Sox. Currently the third base coach for the Gary South Shore Railcats of the Northern League, he kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"All of my baseball cards were in the minor leagues. Although I had time as a player I never got a major league baseball card (other than the team cards when I coached in the big leagues). I traded and collected cards as a kid and I had a huge collection but through the years they disappeared. My son had a great collection as well but he stopped a while ago. I had Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson in my collection. They were my favorites!"

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment