Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Michael Hoog's baseball card memories

Michael Hoog is a true renaissance man - pro baseball player turned lawyer turned CEO. Drafted by the Braves in 1990, he went 4-1 for the Idaho Braves, leading the Pioneer League in appearances. After his pro baseball career, he went to law school and practiced at one of the largest law firms in the US. He is now the CEO of a major lobbying firm.

He took time from his busy schedule to share some of his baseball card memories.

"I do collect cards and have since I was a kid, although that said, I tend to buy complete sets and tuck them into the closet each year. I don't really have a favorite card of mine or anyone elses.

In terms of stories, probably just one. When I was about 12, I had several shoeboxes filled with random cards. Not sure what possessed me to do so, but I sold them to a friend for $10 and a bicycle rim. Turns out I had a Pete Rose rookie card and a couple of other valuable cards that were probably well worth more than what I got in trade. So it goes when you're 12. "

Thanks, Michael!
There is a minor league card of him, 1990 ProCards #3244. Does anyone have this card or a picture of it? Maybe a Braves fan?
Here he is today, coaching the Skyline Falcons, a high school team in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment