Sunday, July 9, 2023

Two for Two

Two cards is tough to build a whole post around, but I wanted to highlight two nice acquisitions of two cards each.

I made just two selections from the Diamond Jesters time travel trade this time around, but it was two very nice cards from the 2000 Upper Deck Gold Reserve set. Great photos of Albert Belle demolishing a baseball, and Joe Randa making a leaping, twisting catch attempt at the stands.

Just a bit older, here are a couple of 1934 Diamond Matchbooks I was able to pick up from eBay. 2/$6 is not my best buy but pretty good - the seller had several lots like this and I bid the minimum on each one, this was the only one I got. Two New York Giants pitchers. Watson "Watty" Clark had some good seasons in Brooklyn before and after his Giants stint. He won over 100 games for the Dodgers but just four in parts of two seasons with the Giants. Roy Parmelee won 59 games in ten seasons, mostly for the Giants. His problem was wildness - he led the NL in hit batters four times, wild pitches twice and walks once.




4 comments:

  1. Makes me ant to get out that box of those matchbooks and go through them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small part of me wanted to keep that Randa card, just because of the hilarious reactions from the fans in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering today's prices, I'd say that you did pretty well with those matchbooks.

    ReplyDelete