Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Another great vintage trade with OP_Cards

This is my fourth trade this year with TCDB's OP_Cards. Each one has been really nice, some great star vintage cards.

Starting out with the early '70s, highlighted by Brooks Robinson.

Ten 1969s. These are not big names for the most part, but still exciting to me. Since my 1973 setbuild is going to sit at 659/660 for a long time (I'm not overpaying for a Schmidt RC), 1969 is my next closest. Theese bring me down to exactly 50 needs left, and knocks out just about all the low-numbered commons.
Four more Topps cards, including two HOFers.
Four from 1962 Post. Three pretty big names, and one funny one. My favorite is the Vic Power card. I've seen lots of 1960s cards where kids handwrote the player's new name. I'd never seen one before where the kid put the card in a typewriter and typed in the new name.
While that was a great trade by itself, he very generously threw in some extras. The modern extras he sent were very Yankee-themed. OP is a Mets fan, I imagine he was happy to get rid of these.
And two vintage throw-ins - a pair of 1963 Fleers! That sure is a generous extra.


7 comments:

  1. Some say Schmidt was the best player of the second half of the 20th century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice vintage and good luck with the Schmidt RC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just looked at your need list for those 69's. Lots of cards ending in 0 and 5 in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had no idea that Kuenn played for the Giants. Always associated him with the Tigers... and as the Brewers manager back in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would imagine that you still have some expensive cards to get from '69 as well. But even so, being within 50 is still pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete