Wednesday, May 2, 2018

1993 Studio Jeff King

Hey readers - are you interested in these posts? I try to have some kind of content daily but these don't seem to be striking a chord. Do you like these or is there something you would like to see instead?
Hobbies are hunting and fishing: Very common answer.
 
Favorite sports announcer is Jack Buck: Living in Indiana King probably heard Buck calling Cardinals games on the radio.
 
Favorite players as a kid were Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench: And, growing up in Indiana in the 1970s, the Big Red Machine would be the natural team to gravitate to.
 
Might have been a wildlife biologist if he hadn’t been an athlete: Makes sense for an outdoorsy type.
 
Where he is now: He owns a cattle ranch in Montana.

5 comments:

  1. I love these posts, but I don't always click because I can read it all on the summary page of my reading list. It's not only fun to learn more about the players, but it also reminds me of players I've forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff King was an interesting guy. Hated being in the spotlight. Left a lot of money on the table and retired early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite sets from the 90s. I love the blow up of the embroidered logos on the card fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I click through on this series pretty much every day.

    ReplyDelete