Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Interview with Talmadge Nunnari

Talmadge Nunnari played six seasons in the Montreal Expos organization, reaching the major leagues in 2000. He is currently the Manager and GM for the Pensacola Pelicans of the American Association, an independent minor league. He kindly took the time to answer my questions about baseball cards.
- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
Yep, one photo is actually a pic of me hitting a home run.



- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? Its hard to find but the Venezuela baseball card is my favorite.

- Do you collect baseball cards? I have since I was little. 8 or 9 years old is when I started. I would save $20 and go to the store and buy a box.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Talmadge Nunnari! Haha I posted about picking up that Just card a few months back...that's really cool that he's actually hitting a homerun in the photo...who'd have thunk it?

    Also, I just looked up Talmadge's career major league stats. 1/5, so only a .200 average, but 6 walks (and only 2 strikeouts) left him with a whopping .583 OBP. Tack on his 2 runs and 1 rbi, and you've got a pretty impressive stat line for only 12 plate appearances (he also had a SF and an IBB). Well done Talmadge!

    ReplyDelete