Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Predictions: NL East
1. Phillies. Still the class of the National League. If Roy Halladay stays healthy he could win 25 games in the weaker league. Rest of the staff is a bit of a question mark, but none of the other teams look strong enough to topple the NL champs.
2. Braves. The Braves may have the best young, untested talent in the National League. Heyward, Hanson, Jurrgens, and crew will have their first real pennant race in 2010, and experience which will make this team really dangerous in 2011.
3. Marlins. Florida also has some good young players, but they're not quite at the Braves' level.
4. Mets. They won't be as bad as last year, but with Beltran and Reyes already hurt, they won't be much better either.
5. Nationals. They're on the verge of a really good young pitching staff. If they can develop some bats, 2010 could be their last cellar finish for a while. For the first time in decades there is hope for baseball fans in DC.