Friday, March 12, 2010

Tom Trebelhorn on baseball cards

Tom Trebelhorn played five years in the Angels and A's organizations in the early 1970s, then turned to managing, where he made the major leagues as manager of the Milwaukee Brewers from 1987 to 1991. His 422 wins are third on the all-time Brewers list. He is currently the manager of the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, a Class-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. He kindly shared his thoughts on baseball cards.

"I started collecting cards in the late 50's - I was a big Pirates fan so Vernon Law's card was a treasured one - he ended up my pitching coach in the AAA Pacific Coast League in 1982.

Probably my most valuable card is a mint Roger Maris from his 61 homer season.

Having my own Topps manager card from seasons 87-91 is a real honor and I am always amazed at how many people still track me down for my autograph on one of these cards."
Thanks!

1 comment: