Saturday, July 18, 2009

Interview with John Mahalik

John Mahalik played six seasons of professional baseball in the Brewers and Mets organizations. He kindly responded to my questions about his baseball card experiences.

Bo Rosny: Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
John Mahalik: Sure, a lot of good stories about teammates who wouldn't sign their cards and would have stacks of fan mail in the lockers that they wouldn't look at. I didn't agree with that as I was happy to head out early and interact with the fans, that was the whole point of being there...

BR: Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
JM: My favorites are probably my 1911 T-205 gold border Tinkers Evers and Chance cards. I have them mounted and framed along with a poster from Cooperstown and their cut signatures. That is my personal favorite.

BR: Do you collect baseball cards?
JM: Yes, I have a large collection of not only baseball but football cards too. I also have a large autograph collection as well. I could go on and on about it but won't bore you with the details.

Thanks, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment