Sunday, October 27, 2024

Vintage star card roundup

The Yankees continue to lose in infuriating ways, so instead of thinking about that, here are some vintage cards.

These are my latest from Greg Morris. Not much compared to what I used to get there but still some solid additions. The Ralph Houk is my favorite.

A couple of 1968 high numbers I got cheaply. Still got a ways to go (40 cards) but I'm getting closer to the end with this set.
I couldn't resist these trimmed 1954 Bowman cards. Other than missing the white borders they were fine. Great way to add cheap cards from this set. The same seller has a listing of 1955 Bowman's - with the TV's trimmed away! BIN of 67 1955 Bowman cards for $6 shipped, but even I can't bring myself to put TV-less '55s in my set. But maybe someone else will for a dime a card?
Finally, only one single card purchase recently. I spent $2 which is not bad for a 1950 Bowman common but not something I want to do all the time. However, I had to for this one. I can't think of another example of a filing-cabinet card! (It's Reds outfielder Danny Litwhiler.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment