Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Cards from Johnny

I got three fun PWEs stuffed with cards from Johnny's Trading Spot. All vintage or Yankees. I tried to break them into categories for this post.

Kicking off with the vintage, three 1963 Post cards!

Not quite vintage but close, some early 1980s TCMA and Star Wars, as well as a really nice card with a photo of Mel Allen that is almost definitely from the 1980s. He was one of the great voices of the Yankees and of baseball.
Jasson Dominguez has not had a good year, but still might make the playoff roster because of how bad Alex Verdugo's been. Still, there's hope he can be a good Yankee someday.
The theme here is old designs on new cards. I wish Topps used the '67 design more, I love seeing it on newer cards.
These are for the 1991 Panini stickerbook. I have enough loose stickers I should probably look for these at some point. I had the '88 (Mattingly cover) and '89 (Canseco cover) when I was a kid, but those are long gone. 1990 was a rough year but Maas, Kelly and Azocar provided some hope for the future. The future was bright but not with those three.
Finally, some miscellaneous. I always love getting Alfonso Soriano cards, he was such an exciting player. "Hobby Night" is kind of a funny name for a card. And it's tough to see in the photo but the Tessmer is actually a "Retail LTD" parallel. Nothing says excitement like retail LTD. Those words are printed in holographic foil on the photo but it's tough to see in the photo. Silly concept but still a nice looking card.


No comments:

Post a Comment