Friday, October 18, 2024

Vintage star card roundup

Easing the sting of the Yankees' bullpen turning back into pumpkins by showing some of the cards that I've recently acquired over the past month . . . 

The weekly low-grade Greg Morris auctions continue to be fun, even though they are hit-or-miss in terms of big stars. I did well here with some big names. I ended up with two 1972 high number George Culver (732) in case anyone needs one.

I did pretty good here too. A Cepeda high-number and a couple of Wilhelm high-numbers, and my first 1952 Mothers Cookies PCL card.
This last one was lighter but had some nice oversized pitcher photos.
Other pickups include a '64 Gibson . . .
. . . a '69 Billy Martin (down to five needs on that set) . . .
. . . and a '59 Ernie Banks.
I picked up a cheap-enough lot of '57 Topps. I needed the top five. Bobby Thomson is the biggest name but Joe Ginsberg has the best-looking card. The five on the bottom are all available for trade.
Finally, not vintage but I put in a single bid for ten copies of this 1989 unlicensed Will Clark card, just because I love unlicensed 1980s cards. Anyone who wants one of these just let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment