Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Vintage lots

I've also gotten lucky with a few off-condition vintage lots lately.

1975 Topps mini is a lower-priority set for me, but at basically a dime a card I went for this one. The top row is cards I needed; the bottom row is for trade. I haven't updated my trade lists yet, but if you have needs for this set let me know. All common cards, and all in nice shape except that someone wrote a number on the back of each one.

Got an off-condition '77 OPC set in my quarter-a-card preferred range. This is the best year for OPC as it had a lot of photo differences from the Topps set. For example Marty Perez's only Yankees card from his playing days. Lots of new ones added to my set.
These are available. The biggest issue with the cards is the curling; however most of my other '77 OPCs are in pretty good shape and I'm happy to send my better ones as this condition is fine with me.
Finally I was able to get a '55 Topps lot for a similar price. Almost all of the cards were trimmed which is why it went so cheaply. I was able to add a dozen needs for the set. Harry "The Cat" Brecheen got an action photo even though he had retired a couple of years ago and was now a coach. He pitched for the Browns but never the Orioles as he is shown there. Another interesting tidbit is that both Phillies in this group never played a game in the major leagues.
Lots to trade. No guarantees of a better-conditioned card with these, but if you need any of these cards let me know.


5 comments:

  1. I love the hand-typed update on the Johnny Gray card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm collecting '77 OPC but I have some coming in a COMC order very soon -- that will get me to figure out what I need. So I'll get back to you, unless someone else gets them first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 75' Topps Mini want list on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got about 100 1975 Topps minis. I'll go through and see if I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to think that most of the doubles will be very easy to trade in your card group.

    ReplyDelete