Saturday, July 20, 2024

TCDB/OBC roundup

Trade have been lighter lately. Perhaps they'll pick up as I finish going through all of these lots. Still, three TCDB trades and an OBC PWE in the last two weeks.

williams3b is a Matt Williams supercollector, and the former Giants slugger is on a couple of these cards. The Ballstreet set (top left) has some really unique photos. They're easily the best of the unlicensed magazine sets. Lots of fun and unusual photos here.

fritz63 sent this eclectic mix. My favorite is the hologram of Yosemite Sam and Ken Griffey. I still love to move these kinds of cards around with my hand to catch the light in different ways, just like when I as a kid.
oldschool72 sent these modern classics. That Rivera card is a great one, a terrific photo from early in his career. Definitely a theme in this package, of players doing non-baseball stuff.
Finally, from OBC's Brian Betza, seven 1959s and a 1960. So cool to see Dave Philley as a Phillie. (He even played with the A's when they were in Philly!)


2 comments:

  1. I chuckled at the signage on Sondrini's card. Hitchhiking is an interesting idea for a pose.

    I've never seed that UD Rivera card before, and I bought at least a few UD cards that year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think that most people of a certain age still enjoy "playing" with holograms. I know I certainly do!

    ReplyDelete