Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Making progress on '63

Going into this year, my 1963 set was way behind other sets from the same time period. I've really caught up lately with some trades and an occasional purchase. Perhaps prices are starting to come down for this set. I recently bought a lot of 60 cards at just about a quarter a card. I needed 40 of them, the first time I've had so many extras from 1963. I'm now at over 200 cards from the set, and it's actually surpassed my '62 set.

Here are most of the new-to-me '63s. No big stars but lots of fun vintage players and photos.

This lot had a few semi-high and high numbered cards. Semi-highs are actually rarer than highs for '63, so they were a nice highlight.
Someone did some editing to the back of Harry Craft's card. Looks like a young kid who was trying to make it funnier. It still reads pretty coherently, if a bit strangely. The best piece of work is the second sentence, revised to read "A lick hawk during his playing days, Harry broke ball in 1935." The type of sentence that would make a seven year old howl with laughter.
'63s to trade Part One. As always, if I have a better conditioned card in my collection I'll trade that one. Most of my '63s are in better shape than these, which aren't too bad for the most part.
'63 to trade Part Two. The two at the bottom are high numbers.


3 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of '63 but I'd probably be interested in the Bob Veale ... I have the '59 Gilliam and Fleer Branch Rickey saved for you. I'm nearly at the point where I can look around for some other cards for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me want to finally put together a trade, but I'm in the process of moving so this isn't the best time. Soon.

    ReplyDelete