Monday, July 18, 2022

Big card and little card

As I continue the long, arduous task of putting my many thousands of dupes onto my TCDB tradelist (53,307 at this time, maybe halfway through), I have been as careful as possible about all the random junk wax variations. One variation I had a few examples of was the rarer 1987 Sportflics cards with the 1987 copyright instead of 1986. I traded the six I had to griffey423 and got two nice vintage cards back.

The 1968 Topps card is an all-star card of Hall of Famer Joe Morgan. No Astros logos were visible in the set, as I believe Topps didn't have any new photos since the name change. The littler card is a 1975 Topps mini of Dave Lemanczyk. He's one of the better players to come from my area of Long Island, and operates a baseball school not from where I live.



1 comment:

  1. I liked the '68 All-Stars quite a bit when I came back to collecting, but have cooled on the design in recent years. Still a good way to get some big names for less money than their non-subset counterparts though.

    ReplyDelete