Friday, June 19, 2020

Scott Proctor on baseball cards

Scott Proctor pitched seven years in the major leagues for the Yankees, Dodgers and Braves. His best season was 2006, when he went 6-4 with a 3.52 ERA, leading the American League with 83 games pitched. Overall in 307 games he went 18-16 with a 4.78 ERA. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I do not have any stories about cards of myself other than that my younger kids that weren’t very old when I played see them and think its weird that Dad is on a baseball card.  I have collected cards as a kid and still have them to this day.  I also was given a storage container from my aunt when her husband passed away.  Periodically my two younger boys will pull all the cards out and go through them to look at them.  I do not currently collect cards other than I am looking to purchase a Mickey Mantle card to go with a signed baseball that I have in my collection.  I would say that I still love the cards of the guys that I admired as a kid. Those would be Greg Maddux, John Smoltz and Dale Murphy.  It crazy to think that I collected their cards as a kid and then had some of them as teammates during my career. "
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I often wonder how weird it must be for children of big-leaguers to see their dad on a baseball card. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be strange to collect cards of someone as a kid and then grow up and have those same players as teammates.

    ReplyDelete