Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Buddy Groom on baseball cards

Buddy Groom pitched for fourteen years in the major leagues, mostly for the Tigers, A's and Orioles. In 786 games he went 31-32 with 27 saves and a 4.64 ERA. Now a youth sports coach, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I don’t really have any stories about any ones card or any of myself. I think one of my favorites was the Topps throw back uniforms. It was done at the old Cleveland Stadium. Which was older than even that throwback jersey. I don’t collect cards but I did collect bats and both individual and team signed balls. I even have a signed game worn Cal Ripken jersey framed and hanging on my wall."
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. This card has always stood out to me. I'm not even that big of a fan of throwback unis on cards, but I've always liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A favorite card in my collection. I love the peeling paint. Always wondered which stadium.

    ReplyDelete