Thursday, June 25, 2020

Ryan O'Rourke on baseball cards

Ryan O'Rourke pitched for the Twins and Mets from 2015 to 2019. In 56 games he went 0-1 with a 4.84 ERA, striking out 49 batters in 48.1 innings. Now a Volunteer Assistant Coach at Holy Cross, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
In Double A they wanted a card of me and I guess the first photo they took didn’t come out well. So before a game they ask me to throw in the outfield and they’ll snap a “live” pic. So I throw only knuckleballs and in the card it’s me with a knuckleball grip. I can tell my kids someday I was a knuckleball pitcher like Tim Wakefield haha.

A favorite card of yourself or of another player?
My favorite card is of Khalil Greene. I loved him at a Clemson and just the blonde flow and how cool he looked on the field. When I was younger he was the epitome of a baseball player.

Do you collect?
I don’t collect. I have cards from when I was younger but don’t collect anymore. 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment