Sunday, April 7, 2019

TCDB trade with Sportzcommish

Recently I considered putting my collection on Tradingcard Database. I started putting in my tradelist first, but didn't get far before I realized it would take way too long. Still, their automatic trade alert thing matched me up with a trade partner for one of the cards I had put up, and I saw that person had some vintage for trade so I reached out to him with a potential trade. It worked out well and I might do more of them in the future, though digitizing a collection of my size is probably unlikely.

Here are the cards that I received, from TCDB member Sportzcommish:

A few '76s.
 '75s and '74s. Nice to get a Johnny Bench cards. I'm down to needing just 15 from '75, mostly big names now (including Munson, Schmidt, Winfield, Seaver and the Garner/Hernandez rookie).
 '71-'73. That Ken McMullen card is fantastic, you'll definitely see it when the Vintage Backgrounds series reaches 1971.
 '68 to '70.


3 comments:

  1. Great pickups! TCDB is a good site, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get your collection listed on the site, all you gotta do is disappear from the blogs for a couple of weeks and spend all your time on the TCDB... other bloggers do it all the time (sarcasm)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you were able to swing a nice trade for a stack of vintage cards via TCDB. I have only completed three trades on there last year but my goal is to complete significantly more this year.

    ReplyDelete