Friday, April 19, 2019

1981 Topps Dave Tobik

The front: Simple headshot at an empty Tiger Stadium.

The back: When looking at his stats, I thought to myself “He must have been very popular in Evansville”. I didn’t know how right I was – he married a sportswriter for the Evansville Press, Anne Harter.

The player: Tobik was almost exclusively a reliever for the Tigers, Rangers and Mariners from 1978 to 1985. In 196 games he went 14-23 with 28 saves and a 3.70 ERA.

The man: For the past 27 years he has been an account manager at FormStore, a St. Louis-based print communications company. He has also been involved in numerous charitable endeavors.

My collection: I have 11 of his cards, from 1979 to 1984. I would be interested in trading for 1983 Affiliated Food Stores Texas Rangers #41.

No comments:

Post a Comment