Thursday, October 23, 2014

Al Sadler on baseball cards

Al Sadler pitched in the Brewers organization from 1992 to 1998. In 219 games he went 35-34 with 20 saves and a 4.30 ERA. Now a special education teacher and the owner of Al Sadler's Baseball in Conyers, GA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The one story I have about my card and probably the favorite is the one in Beloit with my leg kicked up. The real story behind the high leg picture is I had just gotten those shoes which no one else had at the time. I believe they were the new Bo Jackson's and I was trying to be funny and show them off all at the same time......lol.  
I do not collect cards myself but my son and nephew does. I don't have the patience and they aren't worth what they used to be."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment