Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chris Gill on baseball cards

Infielder Chris Gill played four seasons in the Reds organization, hitting .244 with 3 HR, 99 RBI and 43 SB. He is now involved in baseball in a very different way, as Senior Producer of MLB The Show for Sony.  He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
        There's a card where I'm in an infielder's stance when I was playing for the Charleston Wheelers, I think around 1990.  You can see I'm posing with a huge smile.  That's because about a few weeks prior to the picture being taken, I was drilled by a bad hop in the mouth and bashed my teeth in.  I ended up loosing a tooth so if you look closely at the card, you can see a big gap in my smile.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
        I would have to say the one with my tooth knocked out.  It's just kind of funny.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
        Not anymore.
Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one I do have, from 1989 ProCards.

No comments:

Post a Comment