Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mike Trombley on baseball cards

Mike Trombley pitched for the Twins, Orioles and Dodgers from 1992 to 2002, winning 37 games and saving 44. Now the host of Around the Bases with Mike Trombley on ESPN 1450 in Springfield, MA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I did collect baseball cards a lot until about 1995. After that, there were just too many sets to buy. I believe I have all the completed sets from 1972-1995. Topps in the 70's, Donruss, Fleer and Topps in the 80's and 90's. I love the older cards (pre-1970). I try to get as many as I can.

My favorite cards are the action shots (Topps 72-74). Munson, Freehan, Campaneris etc. Great quality and great shots.

My favorite card of myself is the card that has me looking out from the dugout. (1999 Fleer)


My favorite all time card. 75 Carlton Fisk

I do have an interesting story for collectors about our 1991 Orlando Sun Rays team set. It was pouring that day in Orlando so everybody's card is basically the same, just a head shot. Looks like a class photo."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment