Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lazy Monday

I had the day off from work on Monday, and with surprisingly little to do, I made a trip to Modells and picked up five 35- card packs of assorted cards for two dollars each. These are always fun for me - I enjoy these much more than I would the more expensive boxes of new stuff.

These are always an assortments of sets and teams - I was quite surprised to find four packs with all Yankees. I added one mixed pack for variety. Interestingly, each pack, even the non-Yankee specific one, had exactly one 1990 Donruss Hal Morris.

I got cards of two of my favorite Yankees of all time, Ruben Sierra and Mickey Rivers. (My dad actually wanted to name me after Rivers, but my mom wouldn't allow it.) His 1979 O-Pee-Chee is now the oldest Canadian card in my collection.

This Upper Deck card of Raul Mondesi's unique style of catching a baseball is my favorite picture of the group.

I got exactly two 1991 Leaf cards - the Giants "Black & Decker" battery - how is that for a coincidence.

My tradelist has been updated with the dupes in this set and can be found at the top of the right column on this page - let me know if you want to trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment