Monday, February 23, 2009

Baseball card memories from Joe Ausanio

I corresponded with former Yankee Joe Ausanio, who won two games and saved one for the AL Wild Card 1995 New York Yankees. He is now the sales manager for the Hudson Valley Renegades of the Rays minor league system. Joe graciously answered some questions I sent him about cards:
On whether he collects:
"I collected cards as a kid and I wish to this day I know who the heck I put in the spokes of my bicycle tires. We thought that was the coolest thing to hear the noise our baseball cards made. I have a modest collection. No big dollar items but some sentimental cards."
On his favorite card:
"My favorite card is my 1994 Leaf Limited Rookies card. It was a platinum looking card that had a great action pose of me pitching."Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment