Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Knocking out most of Series I

I decided to try to go the TCDB route to complete my 2024 set and it seems to be working. I just put my needs list on there and the offers rolled in.

This bulk trade came from howe9909. This was about 275 cards in the set. I'm finding myself glad to knock the set out quickly. I like the design, but everything else is typical 21s century Topps. I find the photos just lack personality. I don't know if that is a reflection of today's players, or of me.

I've been trading with Mihome316 for years, before I was even on TCDB. He sent a star-studded group heavy on the big names in the Yankee lineup. Soto, Judge and Volpe are going to have to live up to the hype big time, especially now that Cole is hurt.
A few more 2024s, with some older variety like some '83 Cubs oddballs that I find a lot more visually interesting, from dmarek.
I have two other transactions in the works. TCDB removes cards from my wantlist when they are in transaction, so pending those, I have 24 cards left to go, all of them RCs.


3 comments:

  1. I love the look of the cards but the presentation by Topps is the problem -- too much close cropping/emphasis on celebration/city connect uniforms -- and it's preventing me from wanting to complete the set. Here's hoping the factory set is a Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on nearly knocking out the series 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely the players.

    ReplyDelete