Sunday, March 31, 2024

Cheap thrills

I picked up a few very cheap modern lots of cards from an eBay seller. Total $3 shipped. Worth the price for some random shiny new cards.

These were a bunch of free-shipping auctions that started at a penny. Seller must have misjudge the popularity for these. Trent Grisham was the one that caught my eye. He came to the Yankees as a throw-in to the Juan Soto deal. Grisham is 0-for-3 so far but Soto has certainly transformed the team. (4-0!) I guess it was a good strategy to get a guy in his walk year, get his best season most likely. Back to these Grisham cards, the pink X-fractor is a standout here. 

Ketel Marte of the D-Backs. Not a player I know much about. Just looked at his stats and they are quite good, a power-hitting second baseman. Hitting .462 this year. Lots of shiny cards here.
Jesse Winker is a journeyman outfielder, now with the Nationals and hitting .375 to start the year. They look the same in the photo but there is a purple parallel and a dark blue parallel.
A whole lot of purple Padres. These are apparently Meijer exclusives. I've never been inside a Meijer. According to the website the nearest one is 700 miles away. A couple of dupes here that are good trade bait, maybe.
And finally a whole lot more Padres. A lot of people hate the Padres. Heck, the one Padres fan blogger I can think of doesn't even like them anymore. I guess that's why these were so cheap. I have no strong feeling about them one way or the other, though, so I'm happy to add these.


6 comments:

  1. wonder if the seller does anymore penny auction with free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was all $3? Nice.

    I'm happy with Soto and the Yankees' success so far - hope they can sustain it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musgrove is the only Padres pitcher to throw a no-hitter.
    Weird that people hate them. I'd have thought most people would be indifferent to them. Except maybe Dodgers fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Padres! Did Rod and Gavin stop rooting for them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Meijer kinda close to me, but I haven't been there since toward the end of the pandemic. Their prices for cards tended to be higher than what you can get at Target or Walmart.

    ReplyDelete