Friday, April 6, 2018

Street trade season is back

Al is back now that spring is here (though it still feels like winter here in NY). I was saving up some cards for him that I had accumulated over the winter (including some of Gavin's Mattingly customs). I had 32 cards for him, and picked out seven from his binder. I'll get the other 25 next week when he brings some more cards (and hopefully I'm not shivering going through his cards).


The top three cards are all Mark McGwire's. I really like the shiny Donruss Preferred card. The others were just cards I was pretty sure I need - I was right in all cases.


There is one vintage card in there - I've always cut off my collection at 1978 so as to not fall down the rabbit hole of spending all the money it takes to complete vintage sets. But over the last few months the vintage bug has been biting me harder and harder - I might make a big purchase this weekend to put me fully in the vintage game. We'll see. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment