Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This card doesn't make a lick of sense

There's a silly commercial on TV a lot these days for Starburst or something where a Korean in a kilt says to his son, "You're Scotch-Korean - you don't make a lick of sense!" This card is close - there are probably not many Irish-Koreans either, but here is Chan Ho Park wearing a green hat on St. Patrick's Day, 1994. I wrote about this game a few days ago, but forgot I had this card as well.

How did Park do? According to the LA Times:
"Thursday, in the Dodgers' 4-3 victory over the New York Mets at Vero Beach, Fla., he started his third game and pitched well, giving up a run, three hits and striking out three in three innings. He mixed up his pitches, kept his composure after the umpires had called his second balk of the day, and got his first major league hit, waving to the crowd as he stood on first base.

"When I got to first base, (first baseman) Glenn Davis said hello to me in Korean, and that made me feel good, too." Park said."

I don't know which is more surprising to me, that Glenn Davis speaks Korean, or that he was ever a Met.

No comments:

Post a Comment