Monday, October 19, 2020

Ebay mixed lot

 It's getting harder and harder these days, but I am still able to occasionally get a lot of beat-up vintage for under a quarter a card, my self-imposed limit. Here's my latest win.

First, the trade bait. 
1957-1966

1966-1969. A few pretty good cards here including Cepeda, Marichal and two Aparicios.
The '67 League Leaders card I had already but I'm switching out the one I already had for this new one, because I love cards like these. I was actually able to find a reference to Lamont Morgan at this address in a 1952 directory of the US Army's Ninth Infrantry Division. I'm guessing that 15 years after the Korean War, Morgan was married with a kid who labelled his baseball cards so they wouldn't get lost in flipping or trading.
Here are the keepers from the lot. 1954-1959. My first 1954 Bowman card! A nice Yanke card in there too.
Some big names from the 1960 set.
That Haddix card in particular is a beaut. What a great photo. Here is a closeup.
1961-1967







1 comment:

  1. If this newfound card collecting craze keeps up, you might be forced to up your limit at some point.

    ReplyDelete