Monday, April 27, 2020

Free vintage football from Johnny's Trading Spot

Johnny's Trading Spot has been having some great contest in his weekly Big Fun Games. The May signup is up - 25 players are needed and somehow only eight people have joined - what are you waiting for?

I got some awesome vintage football in the April game. I was particularly excited about getting a card of Homer Jones from the 1967 Philadelphia set. He is before my time of course but once I asked my dad what Giants he remembered from when he was younger. He didn't answer one of the big names like Gifford, Rote, or Huff. Instead it was Homer Jones. Largely forgotten today, Jones was a very exciting player, a wide receiver who was considered the fastest man in football. He is also credited with inventing spiking the football as a touchdown celebration.
Hey Night Owl, I already had the two '79s, they are going in your pile.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I was remembering how much I liked the Rams cards in that set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those are great! Congrats on winning these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad lot at all! I might be more inclined to try more of the BFG's if I knew that there was going to be a football lot available on the week I was playing.

    ReplyDelete