Saturday, April 4, 2020

Cards from MrHaverkamp

I had seen the name MrHaverkamp on various other blogs. Recently we had our first trade. I got some great stuff from him.

The impetus of the trade was my mentioning that I didn't have Mike "Poison" Ivie's 1976 Hostess card in my recent profile of him. He sent me that card, as well as eight of the remaining 15 needs on my 1974 Topps setbuild.
The remaining seven cards - who can help? Two hall of fame third basemen, two World Series cards and three commons:
#16 Orioles team
#160 Brooks Robinson
#283 Mike Schmidt
#474 World Series Game 3
#475 World Series Game 4
#536 Duffy Dyer
#543 Danny Cater

He also sent me most of the 1983 Fleer Stickers set, about 200 or so. I love early 80s Fleer photography. I have all the base card sets so now would like to get the stickers/stamps from those years. Unlike the Topps album stickers I consider these to be cards. Below are some photos of some of the more interesting photos.
The Ryan/Ashby card below has a story behind it - see my interview with photographer Steve Babineau (almost ten years ago now). Most of these other photos are probably his too.
That Ron Reed card in the upper right below is as early-80s Fleer as it gets, with the arm of another pitcher in the foreground.

2 comments:

  1. Cool stuff. Because he always sends cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim is a great dude. And he knows his vintage stuff.

    ReplyDelete