Saturday, November 10, 2018

What's in the box?

Like many of you, I was amazed by the huge box of vintage cards that Dime Box's Nick's dad found at an antique store for $5. Nick generously traded to me all of the cards from the box that he didn't need that I did. I sent him 300+ modern cards for these; I would be happy to do similar trades with any of you - vintage cards you don't need for 2X, 3X, 4X as many modern cards.

Curious to what else was in the box? Here are all the cards I got.

1950s - almost all Cardinals here. Maybe they weren't welcome for Cubs fan Nick, but they certainly were to me. Curt Flod is the biggest name here.
 60-63, with some more Cardinals, including Yankee fan favorite Bill White.
 Some '64s, highlighted by Jim Bouton.
 Some '65s, including the first (but definitely not last) Hall-of-Famer in the trade.
 1966 - A team card and four big-time sluggers.
 1967 just might be my favorite vintage set. Some great cards here.
 Not much in quantity in '68-'70, but some serious star power.
 Some nice '71s. Lots of fan favorites including that classic double play card.
 Some '73s.
 There were two Hank Aaron cards. Both were trimmed, as you can see when I put them on top of some '71s. Still - any vintage Hank Aaron card is extremely awesome, and I am proud to have these in my collection.
 Rounding out the vintage. The two '75s are minis.
 Nick even generously threw in some modern cards as well!

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe the deal Mr. P found. He should've been arrested for thievery. Kinda makes you the recipient of stolen goods. Very nice BO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see Nick pay it forward and trade you all of this sweet vintage.

    ReplyDelete