Tuesday, November 27, 2018

One of Jose DeLeon's favorite cards

Jose DeLeon pitched thirteen seasons in the major leagues, mostly for the Pirates, White Sox and Cardinals. A victim of poor run support throughout his career, he finished 86-119 with 1,594 strikeouts and a 3.76 ERA. He and Kerry Wood are the only pitchers to strike out 1,500 batters and win less than 100 games. His best season was 1989, when he went 16-12 with a 3.05 ERA for the Cardinals, leading the National League with 201 strikeouts. I reached out to him about his baseball card experiences and he replied:

"One of my favorites."
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I bet that'd look great signed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I was all over baseball statistics in the 80's. Not sure how I missed him being the 1989 NL Strikeout King.

    ReplyDelete