Sunday, November 18, 2018

'74 and '76 progress

I had time to go to the flea market today and sift through the dime boxes. Today I concentrated on '74 and '76. I picked up 90 from 1976 and 9 from 1974. I now have almost 500 from 1976 and almost 600 from 1974. I now am most of the way through '74-'76, and have most of the high-dollar cards out of the way. The biggest cards left that I need for each set are:
'74 - Bench, Yaz and Schmidt are the biggest ones left, though most of the remaining needs are stars of some caliber
'75 - Winfield, Schmidt, Seaver and the Garner/Hernandez rookie. Most of the rest of the needs are commons
'76 - still need well over 100 cards from this set. Biggest ones left are Brett, Yount, Winfield and the Guidry and Yount rookies.
For '77 I'm still not close to halfway, and still need most of the big star cards. I'll probably buy a complete set or near-complete set on ebay at some point, as that is probably the most cost-effective way to get ahead on this one.

Here are some highlights of what I picked up today:

This is one of the nicer Wrigley Field shots I've seen.
 I've seen this one on a lot of blogs. Finally it's mine.
 The pine tree in the background really draws your attention away from the rest of the card.
 Here are the nine '74s I picked up. Don Baylor is the big name here.

1 comment: